Flavor & Fragrance and Off-Odors
When it comes to determining what is in food, beverages or personal care products, a laboratory must have dependable analytical tools and capabilities.
GERSTEL has been an expert in these field for more than 40 years. Flavor interaction, compound adulteration, odor threshold…. What do all these things have in common? The requirements for analytical precision, dynamic range, and sensitivity. GERSTEL is looked at as an expert in these areas. Our expertise in LC and GC analysis makes GERSTEL the obvious source for scientist working in the food/flavor/fragrance field. From the simple application focused on productivity through automation to the more complex techniques addressing multivariate components and precise “heartcuts” of complex chromatograms, GERSTEL is the source for all your needs.
Increased Sample Handling - Productivity
The GERSTEL MultiPurpose autosampler (MPS) line is specifically configured to address today’s high throughput chromatography demands and individually optimized to work with all the key systems currently utilized in this Industry.
The GERSTEL ChemSensor and specialized software applications including Ion Signature Technology deconvolution software offer efficient help for laboratories looking for minor components in complex matrices.
Specialized techniques for flavor and fragrance
GERSTEL offers a range of tools and techniques that are designed to meet the needs of our large customers base in the flavor & fragrance industry - and in the related food and beverage industry.
- Thermal Desorption and Thermal Extraction
- Dynamic Headspace
- Stir Bar Sorptive Extraction (SBSE) using the GERSTEL Twister(R)
- Headspace and SPME
- Liquid Handling and Sample Preparation
- Multi Column System for multimensional GC separations using one or more detectors including MSD
- Olfactory Detection Port (ODP) with voice recognition software, intensity indication and automated peak annotation
- Preparative Fraction Collector PFC for the purification of compounds or compound groups over up to 100 runs